Chuck

14 Νοέμβριος, 2018, 03:32:39 μμ
Tournament 18.11

Chuck

14 Οκτώβριος, 2018, 08:59:25 πμ
Τουρνουά 28/10 !

Harmonious5

18 Ιούλιος, 2018, 10:49:34 πμ
Καλησπέρα. Ενδιαφέρεται κανεις για μάχη 750 πόντων? Βρίσκομαι στην Γλυφάδα, αλλά μπόρω να έρθω και στο Dragon's Den.

Chuck

01 Ιούλιος, 2018, 10:43:37 μμ
Τουρνουά στις 15/7.

Gandalf

06 Ιούνιος, 2018, 11:11:05 μμ
Τουρνουά την Κυριακή 10/6  8) 8)

admin

27 Φεβρουάριος, 2018, 12:46:57 πμ
Τουρνουά στις 4 Μαρτίου

woodelf

27 Ιανουάριος, 2018, 12:09:39 μμ
Κυριακή 28/1/18  μπορεί κανένας για μάχη ;;;;

Εμφάνιση 50 τελευταίων

Θέμα: Οδηγός Βαψίματος Eowyn Shieldmaiden of Rohan  (Αναγνώστηκε 49 φορές)

Αποσυνδεδεμένος FubarMinis

• Guild member
« στις: 23 Σεπτέμβριος, 2018, 06:25:42 μμ »
Έχει ενα painting challenge το one-ring.co.uk και ειπα να πειραματιστω λιγο με την Eowyn.
Μιας και λογω της νεας έκδοσης παιζει ενδιαφερον για το rohan, γραφω σιγα σιγα ενα βημα βημα οδηγο βαψιματος ο οποιος ειναι μεν για την Eowyn, αλλα κομματια του μπορουν να χρησιμευσουν σε ολο το rohan και ισως και σε αλλους στρατους.

(δεν την πολυπαλευω να τον μεταφραζω, οποτε τον κανω copy paste και αν υπαρχει οποιαδηποτε απορια εννοειται να βοηθησω/μετραφρασω το συγκεκριμενο κομματι)

Part 001: Priming

Step 1: Go full black.
Seeing full black and not being able to see any kind of details means you are lightning the mini correcly.

Step 2: Zenithal Priming
Shoot the mini with white or gray primer from a 85-95 degree angle.
Think of the spray can as the sun over your mini and your primary light source. First time I've tried it and I must say I'm pretty impressed  :-D

This allows for two (maybe three) things.
1) You can clearly see where the highlights and shadows are. Take images of your mini and keep them for reference any time you are not sure where to hightlight or cast a shadow. It will make painting a lot easier.
2) If you apply your paint in light layers you instantly have some highlighting and shadows on your mini because of the difference in the colour below your layer.
3) The grainy effect of the spray might be a little problematic for some areas, but it gives a very nice texture to both the cloak and leather, again this needs light layering to not make it vanish.

Front

Back

The next step is gonna be Dark Leather and then weathering it both with acrylic colours and pigments (but that last part has to wait until we are all finished with the mini).

Part 002: Painting Boots/Dark leather

I'm afraid I have no step by step pics here, since I tried to video capture my painting, but it turned out half of it is out of focus and half of the time I'm doing mistakes and going over the same areas. So, just the finished result for today, the colours I used and a try to explain the method I used with text.

(kinda) Finished Result

Colours Used:

-Vallejo Black
-Vallejo Chocolate Brown
-Vallejo Flat Earth
-Vallejo Dark Sand

Method:
Step 1: 3x light coats of chocolate brown (basecolour)
Step 2: 1st shade with 80% chocolate brown + 20% black
Step 3: 2nd shade with roughly 50-50 mix of choc.brown + black
Step 4: 1st highlight 50-50 mix of choc. brown + flat earth
Step 5: 2nd highlight add more flat earth
Step 6: 3rd highlight add dark sand
Step 7: Glaze all over except darkest areas with chocolate brown, helps blend all the colours together
Step 7: Extreme highlights with 50-50 flat earth and dark sand

At this point we are pretty much finished.
But decided to add a little weathering to the boot, by adding a little cut. Could have added more, but at this small scale and on a place that doesnt really attrack the eye, I didnt bother.
But the techique might prove useful for the other parts of the leather.

Method: Draw a random reaaally thin line of black and right above it a parallel line with your highlight colour (choice of hightlight colour depends on how light or dark this area is)

The weathering a little zoomed in and marked with an arrow:

Next step, NMM Chainmail (or at least giving it a try)

Αποσυνδεδεμένος Gandalf

• Χρήστος
  • Administrator
  • Guild member
  • You shall not pass!
« Απάντηση #1 στις: 29 Σεπτέμβριος, 2018, 08:17:03 πμ »
Καλό! Η συνέχεια που είναι;
Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkun to the Dwarves; Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf, to the East I go not.

Αποσυνδεδεμένος FubarMinis

• Guild member
« Απάντηση #2 στις: 29 Σεπτέμβριος, 2018, 06:27:33 μμ »
Καλό! Η συνέχεια που είναι;

Εντος βδομαδας νομιζω θα βγει το επομενο κομματι με το χιτωνα και την πανοπλια.
Γιναν ημιπετυχημενες δοκιμες σε εναν καιμενο warrior of rohan.
Το ατιμο το chainmail με παιδευει παντως, πολυ δυσκολο να το πετυχεις με NMM  :-X